Sunday 5 July 2009

The Diary

Extract 100
It's strange, the more the authorities persecute Jesus, the more people follow 'the way'. The more the world hates, the more God's love takes root – every day more people become believers, sharers in Jesus' love. And so many of them want to meet me. Somehow they seem to think that seeing me will make my son more real. Of course it doesn't, his Spirit makes him more real than any amount of my stories. But I love meeting them, their wonder, their joy as they experience real freedom, encounter God's love afresh in their lives.

So many people, I scarcely get any time to write now – in any case my eyes aren't what they used to be and it all takes longer. But I'm glad I've written this diary, it helps me get it right when I tell the new believers what it was really like, to lead them to the truth about my Jesus.

And today I am especially glad. I met someone different. Someone who I think will be significant in this new kingdom. Peter himself brought him to John and me. His name is Luke, he's a doctor and a devout believer. But like so many, he's now heard so many stories about Jesus that he doesn't know which are true, or if they are true, what they mean. He wants to write an orderly account so that everyone can know the truth and not be distracted or diverted from a genuine relationship with Jesus.

He wants to read my diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment