Monday 8 June 2009

Refugees

Extract 31
I've stopped shaking, but the tears will go on. 'Rachel weeping for her children, for they are no more'. And selfishly I keep asking; how much more running, how many more will want to kill my son, when can we be normal?

In calmer moments I reflect - our people spent 400 years trying to escape from Egypt into the Promised land. It was Joshua who took them the final steps. Now we have had to flee from the land, taking our Yeshua into Egypt.

Extract 32
Nazareth. Not exactly a warm welcome, but at least no stones. Somehow the stories of the shepherds, the royal visit and Herod's madness arrived before us (He finally died last month). I'm not saying that everyone believes us, but the open hostility is gone. Please God, time to settle, to re-build, to be a normal family.

Extract 33
I finally got to spend time with Father today. I brought Jesus and James to see their grand-parents. No-one knew quite what to say, them embarrassed at having been wrong to reject us so. Me, well, me because I'm not the 'me' that left.

I left my diary for them to read, it seemed the easiest way.

Extract 34
Daddy read my diary.

He came this morning. He brought me a new pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment